for sale From £19,750 inc VAT
The Drascombe Lugger has established a unique place in small boat sailing. From small lakes and rivers to estuaries and coastal sailing the Lugger ticks all the boxes.
She is easily trailed, easily launched and recovered and sailed by a one person, whilst accommodating up to six people comfortably.
Like all the Drascombe open boats, the Luggers spars stow easily within the length the hull and one person can quickly step the masts and rig the boat – usually within half an hour of arriving you can be on the water ready to go.
The sails are loose-footed and the flexible rig allows for serious sailing as well as comfortable pottering in a light breeze.
A 4 or 5hp outboard is recommended depending upon your sailing area and the engine nestles in a well at the stern of the boat, lifting out of the water when sailing or beaching
Two types of cover are available to protect the boat. The internal cockpit cover is easily fitted afloat and keeps the rain out of the bilges and many Luggers are kept on moorings during the season. The other overall cover is ideal when laid up at the end of the season.
The Lugger can also be fitted with a folding sprayhood which increases her family friendliness and for camping aboard a tent is available.
The option to row as well as outboard engine options make her a very flexible boat for day sailing.
- Length Overall 18ft 9in (5.72m)
- Beam 6ft 3in (1.90m)
- Draught 10in (0.25m)
- Draught With C/plate down 4ft 0in (1.22m)
- Draught with C/plate up 0' 10" (0.25cm)
- Weight (ex engine) 850lbs (384kg)
- Sail Area 132ft2 (12.26m2)
The standard, sail away specification includes:
- GRP hull & decks laid up in polyester resin with gelcoat finishes, reinforced at strategic points with either additional lay-up or core-mat.
- Hull in white. Decks & aft locker hatch cover in light grey.
- Built in buoyancy of pre-formed two pack polyurethane foam in closed compartments, including in the aft and under the side locker compartments.
- All the fitted hull joinery in Iroko finished with Burgess woodsealer.
- Epoxy treated marine ply cockpit sole boards with non-slip finish.
- An Iroko keel plank & protective brass stemband to protect the hull.
- Full suit of Terylene tan sails & set of spruce spars (roller furling on the jib).
- All required standing & running rigging, mainsheet track & traveller.
- Stainless steel Mastband. 1 x 19 SS wire, talurit eye spliced Standing rigging
- Galvanised steel centreplate & kick up rudder.
- Stemhead, tiller head, three mooring cleats, one pair rowlock sockets & pair of aft mooring fairleads in bronze (or stainless steel as an extra cost option)
- Anodised aluminium mainsheet traveller track.
- Barton tracks & blocks.
- Other deck fittings are a combination of black nylon or stainless steel.
- Drain plug in aft locker.
- Bilge pumps
- Built to RCD regulations for Category C (coastal) for 6 adults.
To customise your vessel to your specific requirements there is a list of options available. Call us to discuss the options.
CBL reserve the right to modify this specification when required, up until the point that an order is placed.