for sale From £30,750 Inc VAT
At 25ft (7.62m) the Gig is ultimately designed for use as a training vessel. Sea cadets, colleges and naval training establishments all train crews in the Drascombe Gig.
There is room for a crew of twelve, whilst there is ballast to ensure the boat is stable for a lighter crew.
The Gig will convert for serious rowing or sailing according to your needs, so there is no need to compromise. An engine of around 8-9hp is recommended for a boat of this size.
The Gig features a clever dual-purpose cockpit which can be converted for either rowing or sailing. As you can imagine these features along with her size make her very popular with scout groups, outdoor centres and other training establishments.
Several have been bought for private ownership as the Gig makes a very flexible family boat, with space for all the children, camping equipment and friends. Some significant passages have been successfully undertaken in Gigs’ including a stage by stage circumnavigation of the UK and Ireland.
- Length Overall 25ft 0in (7.62m)
- Beam 7ft 0in (2.13m)
- Draught c/plate up 1ft 6in (0.46m)
- Draught With C/plate 5ft 1in (1.56m)
- Weight (with sailing gear) 1760 lbs (800kg)
- Sail Area 255 ft2 (23.72m2)
The standard, sail away specification includes:
- GRP hull & decks laid up in polyester resin with gelcoat finishes, reinforced at strategic points with either additional lay-up or core-mat.
- Hull in white. Decks & aft locker hatch covers in light grey.
- Built in buoyancy of closed cell polyurethane foam in closed compartments, including in the aft and side locker compartments.
- All the fitted hull joinery in Iroko, finished with Burgess woodsealer.
- Epoxy treated marine ply cockpit sole boards with non-slip finish.
- An Iroko keel plank & protective brass stemband to protect the hull
- A full suit of terylene tan sails & set of varnished spruce spars.
- The Jib is hanked on. Standing lug mainsail with three sets of reefing points. Mizzen sail with fitted boom.
- Standing & running rigging, tubular sheethorse & traveller.
- Stainless steel mastband. 1 x 19 SS wire, talurit eye spliced standing rigging.
- Galvanised steel centreplate & stainless steel winch lifting gear. Galvanised steel kick up rudder.
- Stemhead, tiller head, two mooring cleats, two pair rowlock sockets & pair of aft mooring fairleads in bronze.
- Barton tracks & blocks.
- Other deck fittings are a combination of black nylon or stainless steel.
- Drain plug aft of skeg.
- Built to comply with RCD regulations for Category C (coastal) for 12 adults.
To customise your vessel to your specific requirements there is a list of options available. Call us to discuss the options.
CBL reserve the right to modify this specification when required, up until the point that an order is placed.