The Drascombe Longboat offers exhilarating sailing performance.
Stepping up from the Lugger with her greater length and beam, the Longboat makes a roomy dayboat, ideal for exploring the coastline or just for pure enjoyment of sailing.
Although larger she is easily trailed, easily launched and recovered and sailed by a one person, whilst accommodating up to nine people comfortably.
Like all the Drascombe open boats, the Longboats spars stow easily within the length the hull and one person can quickly step the masts and rig the boat – usually within half an hour of arriving you can be on the water ready to go.
The sails are loose-footed and the flexible rig allows for serious sailing as well as comfortable pottering in a light breeze.
The lapstrake designed hull adds strength and character to the Longboat, and successfully keeps down spray. Foredeck, side benches and aft-deck are moulded into a single unit, which, bonded to the hull shell. The Iroko woodwork compliments the glass fibre and the combination of the two makes minimum maintenance.
Ample stowage space is provided under the side benches and the aft deck, and adequate buoyancy to make her virtually unsinkable.
A 5 or 6hp outboard is recommended depending upon your sailing area and the engine nestles in a well at the stern of the boat, lifting out of the water when sailing or beaching
Two types of cover are available to protect the boat. The internal cockpit cover is easily fitted afloat and keeps the rain out of the bilges and many Longboats are kept on moorings during the season. The other overall cover is ideal when laid up at the end of the season.
The Longboat can also be fitted with a folding sprayhood which increases her family friendliness and for camping aboard a tent is available.
The option to row as well as outboard engine options make her a very flexible boat for day sailing as well as more ambitious adventures. A Longboat recently crossed the North Sea, to Denmark, singe handed.
The Drascombe Longboat is one of the popular boats used by Sailability Groups, Outdoor Educarion Centres plus Scout Groups.
This past year, we have increased our sales to America with the Drascombe Longboat, as she is proving to be an ideal sailing boat for YMCA groups.
- Length Overall 21ft 9in (6.63m)
- Length on waterline 18ft 0in (5.50m)
- Beam 6ft 7in (2.00m)
- Draught with C/plate up 1ft 0in (.30m)
- Draught With C/plate down 3ft 10in (1.17m)
- Weight with sailing gear 880lbs (400kg)
- Sail Area 172 ft2 (15.97 m2)
- GRP hull & decks, laid up in polyester resin with gelcoat finishes, reinforced at strategic points with either additional lay-up or core-mat.
- Hull in white. Decks & aft locker hatch cover in light grey.
- Built in buoyancy of pre-formed two pack polyurethane foam in closed compartments, including in the aft and under the side locker compartments.
- All the fitted hull joinery in Iroko, finished with Burgess woodsealer.
- Epoxy treated marine ply cockpit sole boards with non-slip finish.
- An Iroko keel plank & protective stemband
- Full suit of tan terylene sails & set of varnished spruce spars.
- Hanked on jib. Mainsail with one set of reefing points.
- All required standing & running rigging, mainsheet track & traveller.
- Stainless steel mast band. 1 x 19 SS wire, talurit eye spliced standing rigging.
- Galvanised steel centreplate & kick up rudder.
- Stemhead, tiller head, three mooring cleats, one pair rowlock sockets & pair of aft mooring fairleads in bronze (or stainless steel as an extra cost option).
- Anodised aluminium mainsheet traveller track.
- Barton tracks & blocks.
- Other deck fittings are a combination of black nylon or stainless steel.
- Drain plug in aft locker.
- Built to RCD regulations for Category C (coastal) for 9 adults.
To customise your vessel to your specific requirements there is a list of options available. Call us to discuss the options.
CBL reserve the right to modify this specification when required, up until the point that an order is placed.