The smallest of the range, but still big on performance.
The Dabber is a stable boat that can be sailed, rowed or motored. Ideal for rivers, lakes and estuaries she is a compact day sailer. With plenty of stowage space and easy handling the Dabber makes a great little family boat.
She is easily trailed, easily launched and recovered and sailed by a one person, whilst accommodating up to four people comfortably.
Like all the Drascombe open boats, the Dabber’s spars stow easily within the length the hull and one person can quickly step the masts and rig the boat – usually within half an hour of arriving you can be on the water ready to go.
The sails are loose-footed and the flexible rig allows for serious sailing as well as comfortable pottering in a light breeze.
A 2.5 or 3.5hp outboard is recommended depending upon your sailing area and the engine nestles in a well at the stern of the boat, lifting out of the water when sailing or beaching
Two types of cover are available to protect the boat. The internal cockpit cover is easily fitted afloat and keeps the rain out of the bilges. The other overall cover is ideal when laid up at the end of the season.
- Length Overall 15ft 6in (4.72m)
- Beam 5ft 10n (1.78m)
- Draught 8in (0.20m)
- Draught With C/plate 3ft 0in (.91m)
- Weight (ex engine) 550lbs (250kg)
- Sail Area 118 sq ft (10.96m2)
The standard, sail away specification includes:
- GRP hull & decks laid up in polyester resin with gelcoat finishes, reinforced at strategic points with either additional lay-up or core-mat.
- Hull in white. Decks, aft locker hatch cover & oar stowage cover in light grey.
- Built in buoyancy of pre-formed two pack polyurethane foam in closed bow compartment, sealed aft compartments & under the side benches in the open lockers.
- All the fitted hull joinery in Iroko finished with Burgess woodsealer.
- Epoxy treated marine ply cockpit sole boards with non-slip finish.
- Epoxy/varnished marine ply fixed blade rudder. (Drop plate option available.) Iroko tiller.
- An Iroko keel plank, protective brass stemband & hardwood bilge runners.
- Full suit of tan Terylene sails & set of spruce spars.
- All required standing & running rigging.
- Stainless steel mastband. 3mm 1 x 19 SS wire, talurit eye spliced standing rigging.
- Galvanised steel centreplate.
- Stemhead, two mooring cleats, one pair rowlock sockets & pair of aft mooring fairleads in bronze (or stainless steel as an extra cost option).
- Barton blocks.
- Other deck fittings are a combination of black nylon or stainless steel.
- Drain plug in aft locker.
- Built to RCD regulations for Category D (estuary) for 4 adults.
To customise your vessel to your specific requirements there is a list of options available. Call us to discuss the options.
CBL reserve the right to modify this specification when required, up until the point that an order is placed.